The Ekadashi day is recognized as the best of all days to fast because it is on this day of the moon phase in which the rays of the moon actually nourish the subtle nerves and feelings of the heart.
(copy paste from Wikipedia)
Ekadashi – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Is that so?
Nourishing the subtle nerves and feelings of heart is a fine thing.
Wife said we will begin fasting on Ekadasi days. Wife is subtle nerve and sweet heart – right?
As per the tradition fasting options are: Fasting 1) Without water 2) Drinking water alone 2) Eating fruit 4) Taking latex food one time.
Ideally, the fasting should begin the previous day of Ekadasi taking only the afternoon food so that the stomach is fully empty without any remnant food on the Ekadasi day.
Eating of all type of grains and cereals is prohibited during Ekadashi fasting.
Our fasting began on the New Year Day which happened to be Vaikunta Ekadasi day. We have skipped eating rice on that day. But uppit is grain. We will improvise our fasting method during the coming Ekadasis.
Today is the third Ekadasi of this month and this year.
The forthcoming Ekadasis are:
- 01January (Thursday) Pausha Putrada Ekadashi
- 16January (Friday) Shattila Ekadashi
- 30January (Friday) Jaya Ekadashi
- 15February (Sunday) Vijaya Ekadashi
- 01March (Sunday) Amalaki Ekadashi
- 16March (Monday) Papmochani Ekadashi
- 17March (Tuesday) Papmochani Ekadashi
- 31March (Tuesday) Kamada Ekadashi
- 15April (Wednesday) Varuthini Ekadashi
- 29April(Wednesday)Mohini Ekadashi
- 14May(Thursday)Apara Ekadashi
- 29May(Friday)Nirjala Ekadashi
- 12June(Friday)Yogini Ekadashi
- 28June(Sunday)Padmini Ekadashi
- 12July(Sunday)Parama Ekadashi
- 27July(Monday)Devshayani Ekadashi
- 10August(Monday)Kamika Ekadashi
- 26August(Wednesday)Shravana Putrada Ekadashi
- 08September(Tuesday)Aja Ekadashi
- 24September(Thursday)Parsva Ekadashi
- 08October(Thursday)Indira Ekadashi
- 23October(Friday)Papankusha Ekadashi
- 24October (Saturday) Papankusha Ekadashi
- 07November (Saturday) Rama Ekadashi
- 22November (Sunday) Devutthana Ekadashi
- 07December (Monday) Utpanna Ekadashi
- 21December (Monday) Mokshada Ekadashi
Featured image attribution: “Sri Vaikuntha Ekadashi ISKCON Bangalore” by Iskconradhakrishnatemple – Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons – https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sri_Vaikuntha_Ekadashi_ISKCON_Bangalore.jpg#mediaviewer/File:Sri_Vaikuntha_Ekadashi_ISKCON_Bangalore.jpg